December 5, 2007

Precious Moments

As you know, we are thoroughly smitten with our little girl. She does the most adorable things! Yesterday while she was eating breakfast, I was on the computer with my diet coke beside me. She had her waffle and milk cup. She kept handing me her cup and then asking for it back, then she'd point. I soon discovered that she wanted her cup to sit next to my diet coke. Mommy and Maryn, just like I love it!

We're also trying to teach Maryn to sit down while she's drinking from a cup. She's not quite getting it, but when she asks for her milk (she signs "milk please") I'll tell her to sit down. I expect her to sit right where she is at the moment, but she likes to walk all the way across the room to sit. I usually have to get up and take her cup to her. She sure knows how to get attention.


Maryn fell last night and bumped her cheek near her eye. I was so upset, as was Maryn. I held her for quite a while and periodically she would pat me on the back to reassure me that she was alright...just what I needed! By the time Rich got home about an hour later, she was requesting food and smiling. She recovered quicker than me!


She likes to sit in our lap to read and play...today she is staying very close to me and protests when I leave her. We were in the basement looking at some books and she kept getting up, then returning. Upon returning she now "backs up" to sit in my lap. It is just so cute to watch as she puts it in reverse "looking" for my lap!

I may have missed the first 11 months of her life, but I sure hope I can capture all these cute little moments and remember them forever!

No comments: