December 5, 2007

The Joys of Christmas










I'm always primed and ready to start decorating for Christmas. I won't do it before Thanksgiving, but the moment we return from Thanksgiving I'm ready to get started. This year was no different, except for an adorable little helper. We just couldn't get the things out of the boxes fast enough. I started to get a bit irritated, well not irritated, but thinking Maryn was getting in the way when it dawned on me that this is ALL new to her. She wants to see and explore everything and when I stepped back it was a beautiful picture to watch. If only we could have captured the joy on her face as she played with our little nativity set. (We tried with these pictures, but it doesn't compare.) She played with it for over 30 minutes, but kept returning to it. I hope I can capture that joy and excitement in my heart!

No comments: