December 12, 2007

First Snow


















Those of you who know the DC area know that we panic when a few flakes drop from the sky. Traffic is a million times worse than normal and schools have closed with even just the threat of snow. We don't get much snow so we have to take advantage of whatever we get. We had our first snow last week and I just had to get Maryn outside complete with snow boots, snow pants, hat, mittens, coat - the whole nine yards! The boys were home, school was delayed, so we got her suited up and took Maryn outside to experience her first snow. She didn't know how to move in all that bundling, pretty much just sat down, tasted a little snow, then held up her hands to be picked up. I can't say she was all that impressed, though tasting snow may have been the highlight. I don't think she was too amused by all the pictures we took, but we had to record it! All in all, it took longer to get her bundled, and unbundled than the time we spent outside!

2 comments:

Flora said...

Hi!
Thank you for the picture and Christmas letter you sent Kyle and me. The picture is very nice. I was very excited to hear about Maryn during the Thanksgiving holiday and rushed to see your blog when I saw that you have one. Maryn is VERY cute and I love her snow hat. I need one. I have a blog, too: http://costaricanflora.blogspot.com/. Feel free to check it out. I can't wait to see new pics. Merry Christmas, Flora R.-Gustafson

Heather said...

Sherry,
Love the blog. I haven't left many comments, but I am checking in. Eliana had a first facial scrape as well. Traumatic indeed. She is surely the cuteness. Hope your Christmas was merry and that you have a great New Year. Keep us in your thoughts as we are still struggling with our transition. Ugh.