January 6, 2008

No?!

I can hardly believe the injustice of it all...I waited so long for this beautiful little girl. We've only had her 4 1/2 short months. She's learned so many things and starting to speak more, included in her repertoire is "No!" She used to shake her head no, and that was very cute. Sometimes it's funny when she says "no" and she certainly hears it as she "trolls for trouble." (My phrase for her when she is in "stinker mode" looking to get into trouble.) I've also heard of little ones entering the "terrible twos" around 18 months and (encouragingly, NOT) lasting until they turn three when their catch phrase becomes "why," and of course every parent wishes for their child to be gifted, but gifted in "NO?" I think not! I've been told, be careful what you wish for! Seriously, this new found independence is sure to challenge me, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! The pictures below were taken on a Sunday morning before church, this was before Maryn said no, but as you can see her actions were saying no. She did eventually give us a smile!

No comments: