August 30, 2007

Not the way we wanted this to end


Please pray, pray, pray ...
Josh woke Sherry and I this morning at 3:30am because he was sick. An boy does he do it well. He (and I) were up most of the night and he got progressive worse (although we didn't know it). By the time we got to the airport this morning, he couldn't even sit up without being dizzy. So, we had to make the horrible decision to split up. Sherry, Caleb and Maryn are on their way home and Josh and I headed back to the hotel. We immediately went to see the doctor at the clinic in the hospital. After a shot, 1/2 a liter of IV and 4 prescription medicines, we were back to the room. It's now 3:30 and I just took him back because he has a slight fever (99.5). Add Ibuprofen. It's amazing how hard it is to get over the counter meds ... I can't even find plain old Tylenol. If I can get him well enough to travel (and stay well myself), we'll make attempt number two in the morning. Pray for me, I'm okay but quite stressed and trying not to turn every stomach turn into a fear that I'm coming down with "it" (whatever it is). Please pray that he (and I)will be able to eat and drink (which he seems to be able to do at the moment) and get his strength back. Pray I have wisdom to make the right decision. Lastly, pray for Sherry, Caleb and Maryn's safe trip so I can not worry about that.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Praying for you all.

Unknown said...

We're so sorry. Praying that Josh is well, and you don't get it and you'll be home very soon. Our hearts go out to you. Also praying for Sherry, Caleb and Maryn 1health and safety. We love you all

Unknown said...

love to you all...continuing to keep you in our prayers...restored health for josh, stamina for you and that sherry, maryn and caleb are home safely...hang in there rich! deedee

Unknown said...

We are praying!!!! Trust Josh is feeling better and that Sherry, Caleb & Maryn are having a good flight and remain healthy! Rich we are praying that you don't come down with it too and that you and Josh have a safe trip! God Bless!